Monday, December 12, 2011

The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap!

Amongst my many obsessions in life, Christmas Cookies rank very high on the list. They just have so much holiday spirit behind them. When I look at a Christmas cookie I just feel happy. Which... was why I was so thrilled to be a part of The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap this year.

Can you believe that because of this cookie swap, 22,000 were sent around the world? How fabulous is that?

I sent my cookies to North Carolina, New York, and New Jersey... All very local. But! I received my cookies from Arkansas, Arizona, and Washington State. It is pretty fun that these cookies were sent across the country just to make my holiday very special (:

A big thank you goes out to Nicole at The Marvelous Misadventures of a Foodie, Megan Pence at Country Cleaver, and Andrea at Recipes for Divine Living. All of your cookies were fabulous and truly mad my holidays special!

It was so fun waiting every day after the deadline to send. I felt like a little kid waiting constantly at the mailbox.

For my cookie, I chose to make Chocolate Crinkle Cookies with Cinnamon and a kick of Chili. The were a slight obsession at my house and I hope my enjoyed them just as much as my family did. They are very easy to make and have just the right amount of chocolate. I suggest these for any new addition for a holiday cookie tray.


Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
With a hint of cinnamon and a kick of chili



12 Ounces Semi Sweet Baking Chocolate
3/4 Cup Flour
2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Chili Powder
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/4 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Melt 8 ounces of the chocolate and set aside. Coarsely chop the remaining 4 ounces. Mix your flour, cinnamon, chili, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
With a mixer, beat butter and both sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add yours eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add the melted chocolate, and beat until well blended. Gradually beat in flour on low speed until well mixed. Stir in your chopped chocolate. Drop dough by rounded Tablespoons on parchment paper lined baking sheets.
Bake for about 10 minutes or just until cookies are set and cracked on top. Bakes about 30 cookies.


Enjoy! ( :

1 comment:

  1. These were fantastic and smelled so good! Great finding your blog through the swap!

    ReplyDelete