Monday, November 7, 2011

Don't be that girl

You know... The one who is in a time crunch and doesn't have time to do things the way she usually does.

To bake my cakes, I use Wilton round cake pans. I have perfected the method of using Crisco to grease my pans followed by a nice coating of flour. So last week I used the last remaining drop of Crisco and totally forgot I needed more.

This weekend as I was baking my cakes for my first 'Jersey Shore' themed cake my first thought was 'I have no Crisco'. I had spray Pam (no, not the baking Pam spray... the olive oil one). I had used it successfully once before so I figured, why not? Let's wing it!

So that's just what I did. I sprayed a heavy coating of the olive oil spray and floured the pan nicely. Do you think it worked this time? Not. A. Chance.

Lesson learned: If you are in a time crunch, spend the time to run out and buy the product you need. Do not waste your time 'winging it' because you will just have to remake it.


How do you bake your cakes? Do you grease and flour, or just grease? What works for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment